The inaugural Danceathon will be held on Sunday, April 3, 2022, at Laird Hall at Wilson College. The event time will be determined based on the number of registrations received (estimated to be 2pm-6pm). This event will be free and open to the community.
WHAT IS DANCEATHON?
- A dance recital fundraiser in which students acquire sponsorships for their performances that support the Chambersburg Ballet Guild (a 501 c 3 non-profit that supports the Chambersburg Ballet)
- Students can win prizes based on the amount of money they raise
- Think walkathon or bowlathon but with dance!
WHO CAN PERFORM?
- All Chambersburg Ballet students and company dancers regardless of experience or ability. Friends, family, and alumnae/i can participate. Performances can be solo or ensemble.
- Although this is a fundraiser, dancers can participate regardless of the amount of money raised.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- Make decisions with your teacher ---> How many selections (1-3) do you want to perform (up to 10 minutes total) Note: there is some flexibility with total length.
- Register ---> Fill out the online form by March 5, 2022 here.
- Setup your personal fundraising page ---> See instructions and prizes here.
- Practice, practice, practice! ---> Coordinate with faculty to schedule rehearsal time before or after classes.
- Perform on Sunday, April 3, 2022 ---> Invite family and friends to see you perform.
- Finalize sponsors and prize sheet ---> All donations and sponsorships must be handed in or completed by April 15, 2022.
WHY SUPPORT DANCEATHON?
We strive to keep the Chambersburg Ballet affordable and accessible to both dancers and audience members alike. Ticket sales and Tuition cover approximately half of the expenses and your support is needed in order to keep our prices affordable and the arts available to as many as possible. Learn more about how to support us here.
Fundraising Concept: Thank you to the Cumberland Valley School of Music for sharing your Performathon fundraising model with the Chambersburg Ballet.